I am constantly being asked to name my ‘favourite book’. A task that I find impossible. To ask someone like me to choose a favourite book is like asking a mother to choose her favourite child. These stories are a part of me, a crucial piece of my heart and soul.
Each story is beloved for a different reason. Each character a different friend. No one book could eclipse all others, because each fit a different time, place, and mood.
That being said, I can force myself to make a list of my favourites (the ‘s’ making all the difference).
These are the book series that withstand the test of time, and continue to be my preferred option when I want something to read, but don’t wish to start anything new. I will not include standalone novels in this list, if I did that I would never be able to cull it down to 10.
My Top 10 Favourite Book Series
- Captive Prince – C. S. Pacat
- Nightrunner – Lynn Flewelling
- Mercy Thompson – Patricia Briggs
- Alpha and Omega – Patricia Briggs
- A Court of Thorns and Roses – Sarah J. Maas
- Throne of Glass – Sarah J. Mass
- Chronicles of Ixia – Maria V. Snyder
- Healer – Maria V. Snyder
- Women of the Otherworld – Kelley Armstrong
- Dark Swan – Richelle Mead
Supplementary List (interchangeable with # 9 and 10, depending on the day)
- Lux – Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Balefire – Cate Tiernan
- Anne of Green Gables – L. M. Montgomery
- Vampire Academy – Richelle Mead
- Mortal Instruments – Cassandra Clare
- Kitty Norville – Carrie Vaughn
- Blood Singer – Cat Adams
- The Southern Vampire Mysteries – Charlaine Harris (excluding some of the later books)